Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blogging Reflection

     My first blog post is what I would consider my worst posting so far. I wrote about the characters Antonio and Shylock from Merchant of Venice, but my posting is fairly jumpy and does not stay on one main point. I think some of my main points were pretty valid, such as stating "The fact that Shylock would love to cut a pound of flesh off of Antonio if he is not re-payed shows just how strongly he dislikes Antonio. A pound of flesh is not valuable in any way, nor will he gain any benefit from it. This shows just how much hatred Shylock has for Antonio." I think that by reading into the terms of the bond to characterize Shylock and Antonio is what I should have used as my entire blog posting instead of jumping around.
     My second blog post improved greatly from my first just by staying on one main topic. For the second posting I wrote about clothing and what it represents about class in the play "Taming of the Shrew" I think my posting stayed on point very well and never got off-topic. I think I also did better with this blog post because I went through a few examples of clothing in the play, from the induction and Sly to Petruccio traveling to Venice for his wedding attire. I also stated that the fact that Petruccio shows up for his wedding in such horrible clothing is foreshadowing what is to come for the couple. This blog post also had many more comments than my first, which proves that my blogging improved because there was much more to say about the topic.
     For my third blog posting, I wrote about the two characters Bolingbroke and Richard. I went through the two characters progressions throughout the play and stated that I had no idea how I should feel about them or which I feel is in the right. I think this blog post was done well because I wrote about something that I personally felt, which allowed other students to comment about how they felt about the two characters as well. I think it was important that I stated "Throughout the play, it is evident that readers may not have a clear understanding of the two characters. Richard has done wrong to his country and to Bolingbroke by stealing money that was not his to have. Bolingbroke, however, practically forced Richard into giving him the thrown, just to force him to leave his wife and keep him prisoner." I feel that this very brief summary wraps up the blog nicely. However, this statement also shows me that I really need to proofread my blogs before I submit them because I spelled Throne incorrectly (whoops!). This blog posting was done at the very beginning of the tetralogy, which I think was a good blog posting for that time because it gives me something to think about as I continue reading the history plays.
     Overall, I think my bogging improved greatly from the first to the third. By looking back, I realize that I need to proofread my blogs before posting and also to make sure that I stay on one main topic while I'm posting about plays.
   

No comments: