Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Midterm Blog


My posts on the online blog normally come from the questions due for the day of the class. I would pick a few questions and expand more on it and add more details to it. I think my posts have stayed the same since the beginning of the year. I haven’t change the way I respond to blogs. I usually focus on one or two characters from the play. In my first blog, from the “Merchant of Venice” I focused on Antonio and Shylock. On my second blog, “Richard II”, I focused on King Richard and Bolingbroke. In my last blog, “1 Henry IV”, I placed my focus on Falstaff and Hotspur. Other classmates responding to my blogs helped me to know where I stand as my opinion and where other people agree or disagree with my post.  The aspects of the weekly blogging I value most is that when I put in my thoughts about a play and others comment on it, they don’t put down my opinion. People either agree with me or disagree with me, and I’ve done that with other blogs. It also gives me a chance to express more about a question or topic I was interested in. For the play, “Merchant of Venice” I was interested about the discussion in class about Shylock being a villain. I decided to expand more on the topic questioning whether Shylock is really a villain or not. It helped that someone agreed with my opinion. I enjoy hearing feedback on what others think about what I wrote. Sometimes though, I feel like I’m re-telling pieces of the play and I’m not sure if I’m on the right track but then I remember my point and get back on track. I think referring back to the original text while writing a blog is very important because it brings out more light on the topic. For example, in the blog “Merchant in Venice”, I used the text “You call me misbeliever, cut-throat, dog, and spit upon my Jewish gabardine” (1.3 107-108). This would bring out my point when I said, “…but because of his religion, he is singled out and can’t live a normal life”. I think using blogging in this class is a benefit to get your opinions out about a certain topic and the fact that we can choose what we want to write about is even better. 

No comments: