Sunday, December 9, 2012

Macbeth Production

Today, Sunday I went to see the schools production of Macbeth. The first thing that stood out to me was their use of sound effects. I really felt engaged in the production and the locations portrayed because of the great sound effects. One of my favorite elements were the beautiful dresses Lady Macbeth was wearing, they dressed her character very well and whenever she entered a different scene, she had on another gorgeous dress!

My favorite scene was when Lady Macbeth and Macbeth were killing the king. They both were covered in 'blood' which I'm sure was red paint but it looked so realistic and the insanity radiating off of Macbeth was fabulous. Also, when the couple has everyone over for dinner and Macbeth begins having his allusions of the ghost was hard for me to understand at first but when I figured out the man covered in red was suppose to the ghost, it created a whole different scene. Macbeth was frightened by the ghost and the way the production dressed and covered the ghost in red made the scene truly scary and believable.

Lastly, the three witches in this production only had one female. I was surprised they used two males instead. The combination seemed to work well anyway but I was thrown off by that. This production created the witches with scary qualities which was not how I imagined in while reading the play in class. Overall, all themes were connected by the end and made a great show!

No comments: