Sunday, May 15, 2011

Understanding Shakespeare

So for my blog post I surfed the internet tirelessly and couldn't pick something. So I went back into my scribe notes and decided to reuse a video from there. Aside from it being hilarious and straight to the point, "How to Understand Macbeth in 96 Seconds" shows us that Shakespeare's plays are easily broken down into major themes and actions. This is why Shakespeare is so popular even to this day. His stories are easy to relate to and completely adaptable to modern day. As we discussed on our first day of class Shakespeare has proven to be a master at showing his readers an exciting story. And so my clip just shows how even with the bare essentials of a Shakespeare play, we as readers can still get some meaning from it and understand the larger themes of the play. So enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHVzWxFW3cs

Stephanie Wexler

No comments: