Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An Insider Video look into a 1st Rehearsal of Shakespeare

I have wanted to share this video all semester. It's an insider look into the first rehearsal of Cymbeline staged by Fiasco Theater and presented at Theatre for the New Audience in the city. I had an opportunity to see this production in January and let me just say that it greatly affected my ideas about ensemble theater, Shakespeare and dyamnic-actor driven performance.

I love how the first rehearsal is all about opening up a dialogue between the acting ensemble (which also includes the play's co-directors, designers, and the TFNA artistic director and staff.

They're just shooting the shit, and I love it. I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Mr. Chris said...

I've never seen this side of a production because I've never been a part of one. What an amazing look into how directors and everyone else create what they all do so well. Really great find, Andre.